On the one hand, I feel like I shouldn't post unless I have something interesting to say? But on the other, I feel weird and out of touch when I go too long in between posts. It's a quandary.
David Cook replied to me on Twitter, so let's not even pretend like that's not the highlight of my week. He asked for Twitter questions, I asked what his favorite song is to play on tour, he said "Rapid Eye Movement," the wedding's in June, you're all invited.
At some point last week I finished S2 of Downton Abbey, plus the Christmas special. On the one hand, MAN, did this show get really ridiculous really fast, or what? (And no, I don't mean that in a good way.) But on the other, Mary and Matthew. MARY AND MATTHEW. UGGGGGH PERFECT.
I've been speeding through my Gilmore Girls rewatch, which is all well and good, except now we have hit the part in S6 where I want to smack both Lorelai and Rory upside the head and tell them to think about other people for once in their lives.
RL stuff: There's a promotion happening at work - not the promotion I mentioned a while ago, which rightfully went to the girl whose position is now open - and I think I am going to apply for it, but I'm already trying not to psych myself up for it. It's basically one step up from what I do now, so I know I could do it, but I don't know if I'll get it.
Also. I tripped and fell the other day, and I am obviously 90 years old and decrepit, because now I am sore all over and have a blinding headache. BLAH.
David Cook replied to me on Twitter, so let's not even pretend like that's not the highlight of my week. He asked for Twitter questions, I asked what his favorite song is to play on tour, he said "Rapid Eye Movement," the wedding's in June, you're all invited.
At some point last week I finished S2 of Downton Abbey, plus the Christmas special. On the one hand, MAN, did this show get really ridiculous really fast, or what? (And no, I don't mean that in a good way.) But on the other, Mary and Matthew. MARY AND MATTHEW. UGGGGGH PERFECT.
I've been speeding through my Gilmore Girls rewatch, which is all well and good, except now we have hit the part in S6 where I want to smack both Lorelai and Rory upside the head and tell them to think about other people for once in their lives.
RL stuff: There's a promotion happening at work - not the promotion I mentioned a while ago, which rightfully went to the girl whose position is now open - and I think I am going to apply for it, but I'm already trying not to psych myself up for it. It's basically one step up from what I do now, so I know I could do it, but I don't know if I'll get it.
Also. I tripped and fell the other day, and I am obviously 90 years old and decrepit, because now I am sore all over and have a blinding headache. BLAH.
(no subject)
Date: 2012-02-08 03:24 am (UTC)(I just want them to get married and have lots of kisses on screen and also bang and make babies, and honestly for that to be the entire focus of season 3, is that so wrong?)
S-sorry for my Downton feels. I hope you feel better soon!
(no subject)
Date: 2012-02-08 03:26 am (UTC)(I just want them to get married and have lots of kisses on screen and also bang and make babies, and honestly for that to be the entire focus of season 3, is that so wrong?)
is all I want out of life.
(no subject)
Date: 2012-02-08 03:39 am (UTC)And then I remember that Downton is pretty much a high budget glorified primetime soap opera and weep for my life.
(no subject)
Date: 2012-02-09 05:45 pm (UTC)But, uh, I think that this headcanon should be published. Y'know, for science.
(no subject)
Date: 2012-02-08 02:52 pm (UTC)Good luck with the promotion!
(no subject)
Date: 2012-02-09 05:52 pm (UTC)Thanks!
(no subject)
Date: 2012-02-08 04:01 am (UTC)You should totally apply for the position!! Leslie Knope and I totally believe in you!!
(no subject)
Date: 2012-02-09 05:55 pm (UTC)THANK YOOOOU, MY BEAUTIFUL TROPICAL FISH.