pathstotread: Jane looking at the sky (mwk; railway reality)
[personal profile] pathstotread
As this year was my first Yuletide, I can now do my first ever Yuletide reveal! I wrote these two fics:

Devil's On Your Back - Nikita (Alex/Jaden) for [livejournal.com profile] missvmarigold
Summary: "I'm not going to hug you," Jaden warns. "So we might as well go dance." After Alex breaks from Team Nikita, she and Jaden go on a date. Sort of. AU after "Glass Houses".

Writing this story was a great opportunity for me to rewatch season 1 and focus in on some aspects of the show that I hadn't done previously. Jaden was never a character that I particularly connected with, but when I saw her on the character list I just thought, hmm, what if she were still around, working with Nikita and wreaking her own particular brand of havoc? And then I rewatched S1 and remembered how much I enjoyed her dynamic with Alex, and, of course, how much I love the Alex-Nikita relationship. I admit that the story I had in my head for this AU was far more detailed than what I ended up writing, which was essentially "Alex and Jaden talk out their issues and maybe dance and make out." A big thank you to Tris (allchildren on Dreamwidth) for talking it through with me and helping me make it better.

Here We Go Again - Farscape RPF (Claudia Black/Ben Browder) for [livejournal.com profile] bowlerhat_girl
Summary: "And, okay, there's that one time when they're arguing about a scene and she nearly breaks a director's chair while trying to chuck it at his head, but it's nothing they aren't able to work out over tea and crumpets the next day." Claudia finds it hard to get work without continually running into that Browder character.

I LOVE THESE TWO SO MUCH. This was great fun for me. I don't have a ton to say about my process here; I just had the idea of them continually getting tossed into each other's paths professionally and how that would simultaneously make them happy and piss them off.

Overall, this Yuletide had its challenges, but I am proud of what I wrote and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. Yay!

(no subject)

Date: 2012-01-01 10:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] hiddencait.livejournal.com
EEE! I will definitely be reading at least one of these! Fascape what? lol Though, unfortunately I'm not sure I know how to comment on AO3. I'll have to fiddle...

(no subject)

Date: 2012-01-01 10:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bowlerhat-girl.livejournal.com
ok, so, I LOVED MY GIFT THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I love the concept, and the execution was brilliant. So brilliant that I want to take this and run away with it. Seriously though, I was hoping to get your permission to use this story as the base for a series I would very much like to write. But only if you're ok with it. Thanks!`

Profile

pathstotread: Jane looking at the sky (Default)
Carrie

September 2015

S M T W T F S
  12345
6 789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags